Friday, December 29, 2006

Here we go again

I got so frustrated the other night when I was trying to post an update and my post blew away somehow. You´ve got to love Blogger when that happens. Anyway, here I am again hoping it will be better this time.

I´ve got to be the worst blogger ever but December just passed away so quickly.

I wanted to update you all on the advent calendar exchange. This is the biggest exchange I´ve ever taken part in but also the most interesting and fun of them all. I loved it and would do it again.

Day 3 - I received stickers with beautiful blue skies
Day 4 - A yellow highlight marker
Day 5 - A skein of black DMC
Day 6 - Number for DMC threads
Day 7 - A piece of Snickers (yummy bite with my coffee)
Day 8 - An ornament for my tree, made of glass like a tassel and it glistens when the light hits it
Day 9 - A pen - much needed as I always loose mine around the house
Day 10 - A needle threader
Day 11 - A pink highlight marker
Days 12 - 16 DMC threads in different colours - love those
Day 17 - Another skein of DMC floss
Day 18 - A small notebook
Day 19 - A stamped ornament for my Christmas Tree
Day 20 - A skein of DMC floss
Day 21 - A bookmark fabric to stitch on
Day 22 and 23 - More DMC
Day 24 - A piece of Snickers (again a yummy treat with my morning coffee)
Day 25 brought me the biggest gift which was a pattern from Heaven and Earth. I love it, it is called Fire in the Soul Storykeep and is a design by Michele Sayetta. This one goes straight to my ever growing to do pile. I´ll have to get my stitching moving in order to get to finish everything I´d like to do.

Thanks a lot for all the wonderful gifts Donni that you´ve sent me for the advent calendar exchange. I feel really spoilt and it was fun to receive gifts every morning for almost a month.

2 comments:

Rósa said...

Wow, those are some nice advent calendar treats. I bet that is a very fun exchange and time consuming too, finding all those things to give and wrapping them..

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is Shirley from Virginia, USA, I lived in Iceland, around '79 for a couple of years, cross stitched a wonderful advent calendar from a kit I bought there then. Would like to find more, if I can. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Shirley
famlars@msn.com