Friday, December 29, 2006

Some photos

Hello everybody.

Thought I´d keep the last entry short in case it would get lost. :-)

I wanted to post photos of the needle cushion and scissor fob that I stitched for Donni as gifts in the Advent Calendar Exchange. This was the first time that I stitch and make up a needle cushion and a scissor fob and I am very proud of the outcome.

This is a design from Carol Tinson which can be found online here:

Pin cushion and Scissor Fob

I just love her designs. I´ve signed up for her mystery sampler 2007 which I am going to make into a huswife. You might be wondering what a huswife is - well it is a fancy needlecase - as Carol puts it herself in the description. It will be stitched with Vikki Clayton hand dyed silk threads on Polstitches Hand Dyed 28ct Linen. I can´t wait to start this project. This will contain lots of new skills to learn as Carol uses quite a few speciality stithes for her designs but her instructions are so easy to follow and extra support in her message forum if needed.

Well here are the photos.

Here is the front
















And this is the back.





I notice now when I look at the photos that I made a mistake when taking the photo of the back. I must have forgot to turn the scissor fob over because it is the same. Well, you´ll just have to use your imagination. :-) LOL

1 comment:

Rósa said...

Very nice scissor's fob and needle cushion. Donni is a lucky ducky I bet :-) with her new playthings. Thanks for the links ;-)