Saturday, January 20, 2007

I´m going on a stitching weekend abroad

I´m sooooo excited about this event. I´ve been hanging out on the chat board at Jaynes Attic for quite a while and met a lot of wonderful ladies there. Jayne runs a wonderful stitching shop in England and she has a lot of great items in her shop. She is also wonderful to her customers. She teams up with Carol Tinson designer at Heirloom Embroideries every year for a stitchers meeting. This years event is taking place in Hull in England on May 12th and 13th and guess who is going............ :-) Carol is designing something exciting for this event and we all get to stay at a lovely hotel and stitch the weekend away, eating good food, making friends, and chatting away and just enjoying ourselves without being interrupted by husbands, boyfriends, children...........

I´ve spent some time last week getting my flight sorted out. I am flying to London on May 10th and coming back home on May 14th. I´ll arrive in London around lunchtime on thursday and stay the following night there. I´m planning to do a little (yeah right) shopping before leaving with the train to Hull on friday. I´ll be staying in Hull until sunday afternoon when I return to London with the train and stay there again for 1 night as I might have a little more shopping to do to fill up empty space in my suitcase. LOL And I´m coming back home late on monday evening. I´m getting so excited about this as I´m typing this. I´ve already booked the hotel in London so I´m almost all set to go.

This will be a sort of a graduation trip as I´ll just have finished my last course for finishing my degree at the University. And what better trip than this doing what I love to do. Do you know how to stop the butterflies fluttering around in my stomach..... LOL :-)

3 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

Ooohh lucky you Edda. Have you been to England before us is this a first visit?

Julie said...

what a wonderful treat after all your hard work studying, enjoy your visit to England and have fun at the workshop

Anonymous said...

Vá! Þessi ferð hljómar ekkert smá vel. Ég væri sko alveg til í að komast í svona ferð ;)
Skemmtu þér vel þegar að þessu kemur.