Saturday, January 20, 2007

My Christmas present has arrived

I don´t think I´ve told you about my Christmas present from my husband. Over the last couple of years I´ve been wanting to do a pattern designed by Martina Weber in Germany also referred to as Chatelaine. I really love her projects and finally gave into the temptation and signed up for Mystery X just before Christmas. Her designs call for silks and metallics, Swarowsky crystals and Delica beads but she always gives out convertion for DMC threads too. I wanted to do this in silks and just the way she designs it. I knew my husband is always in trouble when it comes to getting an idea on my Christmas present so this time I went to him and asked him if he´d like me to take care of it and order what I really wanted. He was quite happy with that so I ordered the kit for Mystery X from Cindy at ECC. You can see the material list and picture of the materials here. The kit finally arrived a little more than week ago. I got started right away as the first part of the Mystery arrived on January 1st. This is a mystery in 12 parts and we get one part each month on the 1st. Stitching with the silks and the metallics was sooooo wonderful that I didn´t really want to stop for other things (but unfortunately I had to). However I managed to finish the first part last night and here is a picture of my work. I did put the beads on but I decided to leave the crystals until the end but you can imagine the crystals being put in the backstitched squares. Now I can´t wait for part 2 to be published.

3 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

This is beautiful Edda. I will look forward to watching your progress on this one.

I know what you mean about wanting to stitch with the correct threads. I waited a long time to get Taj Mahal and I am quiet happy to wait and but the threads a few at a time as I can afford them because I just know this one is going to be something really special when I get to stitch it at last. I only have the Caron threads and the beads to get now - and thanks for the link I shall be sending for them when I get back from my holidays.

Sally said...

Wow, Edda, this looks stunning! Had I not signed up for the Christmas Mystery I think I would have done this. Can't wait to see part 2!

Unknown said...

Your Chatelaine is stunning. I can't wait to see more of it.